Writing for Charity provides attendees with the opportunity to:
- Attend panels where authors talk about craft, publishing, and the life of a writer. See the SCHEDULE for topics.
- Attend workshops and presentations by master authors. See the ATTENDING AUTHORS page for details.
- Receive a first page manuscript critique, face to face, with an author in their genre. See the CRITIQUES page for details.
- Have lunch (provided) and socialize with other writers.
- Donate to a charitable organization with their conference fee, and with optional auction purchases. See the CHARITIES page for details.
- Bring the first page of your manuscript for critique, along with paper for note-taking.
- Reach out to other writers and introduce yourself. If you're not currently in a writers' critique group, this is a great opportunity to swap emails with writers in your genre and create one.
- Be prepared to ask questions in the panels, but don't monopolize.
- Be respectful of the authors and other professional guests, especially during "down time" between presentations. Don't stalk; don't pitch manuscript ideas or ask for feedback outside of your designated critique time.
- Have fun! You're part of a growing community of writers giving back to those in need!